Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The 70's are back . . .

  Jordan and I went to his annual Sweethearts Ball for the Junction City Fire Station. It was 70's theme this year! It was so much fun to pick out our costumes. We both got them at goodwill. Everyone did such a good job with their costumes it was fun to see everyone dressed up. I thought Jordan looked like Ben Stiller from Starske and Hutch. Jesse and Damaris came over to our house before we went. Take a look:
Puttin' out the vibe

WOW

Aren't they cute!

I felt kind of trashy because I've never wore colored make-up or lip stick or had my finger nails painted. And lets not forget to mention my outfit. This is far from what hangs in my closet. But it was still fun.



  Austyn is doing great. She has mastered eating rice cereal. It's so fun being able to feed her something else. She has started to roll over a few times in a row now. It's getting exciting to see the next stage creeping (more like speeding) up on us. She also sits by herself for a few moments. I just went through her closet and dresser and was surprised at how much stuff she has grown out of. I have been thinking back on her first few weeks and it seems so long ago. I picked up a newborn outfit in a store the other day and was amazed that she was ever that tiny. Of course she didn't stay in newborn for long, she's always been a big girl. Everyday seems like something is new. She has this new thing about sticking her tongue out and it's so pointy and long. She looks like KISS. She will talk pretty much all day long too. I love it. She splashes and kicks at the water during her bath and is starting to put her hands up when she's getting picked up. She still sleeps like 8-10 hours every night (knock on wood). We are truly blessed with a perfect little girl. I'm so excited for this summer with her. Swimming will be so much fun.

  My back is getting better. I still have some leg pain, but I can tell it's getting less and less. I had my first day back to work and it went really well. My back just got sore, but I think it's because I don't do as much standing and reaching at home as I do at work. I'll get back into work shape again soon. 

  Jordan is madly studying for his upcoming test. That's pretty much what he does on his days off of work. The  first test is always more stressful. So hopefully after the initial test he will know more on what to focus on for studying.  

  I'm just sitting her looking out the window waiting for snow. They called for 2-4 inches on the Valley floor tomorrow. Well see it actually happens. I doubt it. But crossing my fingers just in case.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures! You are looking amazing Jolene! And Jordans outfit it perfect. I'm glad you guys got out for some couple time. That little Austyn is so precious, I want to see her so bad! Can't wait to hold her. I'm glad your recovery continues to improve, hopefully it will be a thing of the past soon. How was it getting back to work and leaving little one? That was always tough for me, but gets easier. When is Jordan's test? Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete