Tuesday, October 2, 2012

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

   O.K. O.K. O.K., I know I said we decided to wait, BUT WE DIDN'T!!!!! We're having a boy. Can you believe it?! I left the decision up to Jordan and the night before we had agreed we would probably find out. So when we were walking to the Ultrasound room we told the tech yes we wanted to know and went on with our appointment. She put the probe on my belly and immediately the view of the goods came up. When she said "you're having a boy" Jordan just about jumped through the roof. He was so excited. He kept asking the tech  "Are you positive?" "Like 100% sure it's a boy?". That was my favorite part. It really means a lot to me when Jordan gets that excited over something. And of course I was ecstatic. I did tear up (not unusual at the moment for me), I was so sure we were having a girl I was not expecting the news. The poor tech, we kept asking the entire hour appointment "how does this look?", "how does that look?". And everything measured perfect and we have a healthy baby boy growing inside my belly (which is also growing quite well). They said he is measuring 3 days bigger. Anyways, we are so delighted to be having a HEALTHY baby BOY! Now it's time to try and switch clothes with someone. Let us know if anyone is willing.
(We got a CD with all the pictures on it, but we can't get it to work. Sorry no pictures)

  Quick update on the rest of us. Jordan is still studying like a crazy man (literally, it makes him a little crazy) while working the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Lone Pine. I miss my husband. Austyn is great! Amazes us with what comes out of her mouth daily. She definitely gets it. And I am plugging along. I haven't been working for a couple of weeks now because of my back. Which seems to be helping it, which is good. I did have an MRI and there is not a herniated disc. So now I am going to try acupuncture and a brace. The back surgeon told me it was hormones and I probably shouldn't gain a bunch of weight and it would get better. My response in my head: "Really, you're going to tell a pregnant person to not gain weight! And that my hormones are causing me to be in this much pain. I can show you what my hormones are doing and it's not hurting my back. Just ask my poor husband!" I was so pissed when he told me that. Once he saw that he couldn't do surgery he literally wrote us off. He didn't answer any of our questions and left the room in less than five minutes. So it's good that there is no structural problem, but still need to find something for a little relief.
  There is the latest on the Petersen's! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying a little cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment