Monday, April 1, 2013

Roof, windows, and siding . . .

  It has been awhile since my last post. Busy busy, you know! But since then we got the roof on the house, all the windows in, the plumber and the heating guys came back to finish their next stages, and the siding is  on. Jordan and my family have been doing all the electrical too. They are so handy! Next thing is to do the insulation and then drywall. Jordan still has many extra projects to do like, trenching in all the electrical and water lines to the house, building our pump house, and pouring the concrete in the garage floor. He has stayed very very busy. We also got all of our appliances. They will have to stay in our shop for awhile, but we'll have them ready to go. We picked out the color of the outside of the house (gray and white), and now we just have to pick out the color of carpet and paint in the house. I'm thinking a light tanish color all the way around. We'll see, I'm not good that the decorating part of things. We get a few inspections this week. So if all goes well, we can start the insulation shortly after.
Before siding and windows


Windows being put in

Siding and windows in !!!!


  Quade is doing good. He unfortunately got RSV when he was only two weeks old. We all got sick, but I was so worried about him. It was so sad. Made me want to cry (ok I did a little, maybe a lot. Damn hormones!!). He weighed 9 lbs 4 oz at his 2 week check up. He's going to be a big boy. He is starting to lose his dark hair just like Austyn did. He is sleeping so well already. He will sleep anywhere from 6-9 hours a night. We are all very thankful. It's nice to be rested again. He is quite the little eater too. We can only go 2 hours in between feedings during the day, but I'm good with that if he sleeps good at night. So far he is very easy. Hope he keeps it up. He is starting to coo and smile, so sweet. Here are a couple pictures I took with Jordan's Fire gear. The ones that I edited turned out so good. But unfortunately the file is so big it wouldn't upload any of them. But these ones are still good.


  Austyn is doing wonderful. She is the light of our lives. I just can't get over how wonderful she is. She could stay this age for ever in my eyes. She has become quite the little climber these days. She will climb on anything and everything. I was bent over the bathtub giving Quade a bath and she was in there watching. All of a sudden I noticed her climbing on my back. She was kneeling on my back while I was giving a bath to Quade and I barely noticed. I'm either very tired or very numb. We were in Home Depot the other day picking out bathroom fans and I looked up to see where she was and she was on the second shelf of an end cap on the isle, just looking at people as they walked by her. Yes, we have become THOSE parents. Oh well, at least she was having fun and didn't hurt anything. She is also enjoying working over at the house. She loves to just wander around by herself and climb on the dirt and rock piles. I'll walk around the house to check on her and she will tell me that she's fine and to go back in the house. So cute. She also got sick, she got croup :( It was horrible. I felt so bad for her. That was a rough few weeks at our house, with two sick babies.

  Jordan is so busy. Story of his life. He is doing an amazing job with scheduling all the people for the house and doing all the projects that come up. I know he enjoys doing things like this and he is so good at everything he does. His next big projects are building a pump house for our water system and pouring the garage concrete. I'm sure they will turn out perfectly like everything else.

  I am doing fine. Not too much going on with me. Just trying to keep up with everyone else. Trying to figure out a way to lose the rest of the weight that didn't come off with Quade. It's a little harder now with two kids. Not too much EXTRA time to workout. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the progress on your house! I think you made excellent choices with the colors of the exterior. It looks bright and very welcoming. That aside, glad to hear your family's doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on putting the sidings. Your house looks great judging by the pictures. Do you have more recent pictures? I hope the renovation went well. You have a cute baby as well. Best wishes!

    Nelson Mcglaughlin @ RoyalRoofingAndSiding.net

    ReplyDelete