Tuesday, September 22, 2015

5 Years in a Blink of an Eye...

  It happened, Austyn turned "5". She thinks that being 5 years old is the coolest thing. Where do I even begin with her Birthday post?! I'll start off with her Birthday morning. Jordan and I crate papered her door and put balloons behind it so when she opened her door the balloons would fall on her and she would have to break through the paper. It was so cute. She didn't want to take the paper down, so we crawled under it all day. 

She requested waffles, eggs, and sausage for her Birthday breakfast. So we decorated her chair and ate off of Birthday plates. We tried to make it fun and special. 

After breakfast we stopped by the coffee shop for hot chocolates before school. She got to take treats to school to celebrate there as well. After school I let her choose wherever she wanted to go for lunch. Of course she chose "Old MacDonalds". From there we did naps and she asked if Quade could sleep with her and I obliged (they did sleep). Soccer practice was next and we finished the night off with dinner at Abby's. It was a wonderful Birthday, I had a blast and it wasnt even my Birthday. I made a point to make it a "yes" day. Try not to tell her "no" about anything unreasonable. It definitely brought to my attention how much I tell the kids "no". Maybe I'll work on that a bit😁
Her Birthday gift from my parents. She loved her Wedding dress. 

Right now Austyn is playing soccer. She is doing so much better than I had expected. She had her first game and did amazing. She got knocked down numerous times and jumped right up and kept going. She is really enjoying it. I love it when she is interested in something. 

She also had been dying to do ballet. So for her Birthday we got her dance classes and the whole outfit (there is a lot to a full fledged ballet outfit). She was so excited about it. I'm not sure I've ever seen her that excited. And then she cried the whole class. I don't know what there is to cry about ballet, but apparently she found a reason to cry. She hated it. So we returned the ballet stuff and now we are into soccer. 

My kind of girl! We recently sold her pony. And she was very very happy about that. Since the fiasco at the 4th of July parade she has been terrified of Chocolate Chip. So we decided to stop torturing her and let Chocolate Chip go to a family that would enjoy her. It was a sad day for me, but I'm glad she is being used. She was too good of a pony to waste away in our pasture. Maybe someday she will like to ride. Kindergarten is a hit! Austyn thinks that having her own desk at school and her own school supplies is the coolest thing since sliced bread. She totally takes after me. I got more excited to get her school supplies than she did. There are 13 kids in her class and we are good family friends with most of them. It's going to be a great year for her. 

I can't wait to she how far she's come at the end of the year. Right now Austyn is into anything and everything girly, makeup, hair, nail polish, dress up, purses. I am impressed sometimes with her knowledge at her age. She will tell me how she wants her hair in the mornings and it will be something I've never done before and it looks so cute. She definitely didn't get that from watching me. She is so kind and thoughtful. She will help me out with Quade without me asking. Example: Quade won't eat (surprise surprise, right?), and she takes a bite of her food and tells him how yummy it is. Then magically he eats. She amazes me. I could go on for days about the amazing things she does. 

We are so lucky to have such an amazing, sweet, and caring daughter. I look forward to having a very close relationship with her and watching her experience life. I hope she lets me be a huge part of it. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment