Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Quade's 6th Birthday . . .

  Better late than never I guess. I started writing another blog and quickly remembered that I never wrote his Birthday Blog. Poor little man had to cancel his Birthday 2 times. The first time was on his actual Birthday when he got the legitimate flu. I went to school at lunch time to take him his Birthday lunch (Subway sandwich) and he told me he didn't feel good and only ate one bite of his sandwich. I had them take his temperature and he didn't have a fever, but looked so pale and yucky. I decided to take him home and by the time we got home he had spiked a fever. So we had to cancel his party for that day. Two weeks later, I rescheduled his party and this time the snow storm caused it to be cancelled. He was such a trooper through all of it though. He never complained about it or whined. It was so sad to have to cancel it twice. But we finally made it happen and he had a blast. He wanted to go to a LEGO place for his party. It's pretty neat. The whole party gets to build race cars and race them on a track and then they can build LEGO guys and take them home. Everything is decorated in LEGOS too. Super cute party room.
Yearly Birthday door decorations

Birthday breakfast

Birthday lunch at school

Home sick shortly after last picture was taken








Birthday dinner at Roaring Rapids

LEGO head storage for LEGOs

After dinner treat at FroYo. Look at all those
toppings.

He's got a mouth full of goodness.

  Quade is absolutely loving Kindergarten. It is the highlight of his life. He takes it very seriously and is in the top of his class for reading and math. It makes me so proud that he loves it so much and tries really hard and enjoys it.
  He is currently playing Baseball. I played him up a year (because I was being lazy and wanted to take advantage of both kids being on the same team for the first and only time). He is doing outstanding for being the youngest by almost 2 years. His determination is incredible for his age. He is playing just as good as the big kids. I'm so proud of him. And I enjoy watching him play.
  He is infatuated with Jordan. Anything Jordan does Quade mimics. From his hair to the clothes he wears. It's is adorable and he couldn't have a better role model. He has gotten his confidence back on his motorcycle. And does really good riding around the house. He is excited for this summer to swim and to fish in the river. I took him out for a practice run on fishing and he did great casting and being patient. He is still an incredible story teller. His interest in "man" things is through the roof. I am blown away at his retention level at his age. He is so smart and can remember how things work or can figure out how they work just by watching.
  I can't believe my baby is 6. Makes me so sad to think how fast that went. I soak up every snuggle and hug I can from him, because I know he won't want to do that forever. I'm really excited to see him grow and experience life. His personality traits are going to take him far in life. And I hope he is just like Jordan in every single way. I know I say that every year in his Birthday Blog, but I truly hope he is.

Just a few pictures of my big boy over the year
He thought he was hot stuff getting to have a pop for lunch

Helping out with the concrete last summer



Most recent snake find

No comments:

Post a Comment