Thursday, February 18, 2021

Eight is GREAT...

  Another COVID birthday celebrated. Quade turned 8! Quade has been looking forward to playing laser tag now that he's tall enough and old enough and of course EVERYTHING is closed. So we made a quick weekend camping trip to Florence for his Birthday. It was very nice. My parents and my brothers family joined us. The weather was pretty drizzly but nothing we couldn't handle. And on Quades actual birthday we poured concrete in our shop. I think it made for a memorable birthday for Quade. We had a ton of people over and also some kids for him to play with. He got his special birthday decorations and breakfast as usual and Papa's pizza for dinner. And got to open presents throughout the day as people came to see him and drop is gifts off. 

  Quade is in 2nd grade and currently homeschooling with me at home. I am blessed that he absolutely loves the curriculum I'm doing with him. I think this is one of the most rewarding things I've done as a mother. I'm so fortunate I get to homeschool the kids right now. Quade is a very entertaining kid and loves any kind of attention. He is very very interested in how everything works. He wants to understand how things are put together, why things happen, how to work things, and just how much he can push his mother before getting screamed at or slapped in the back of the head. I can barely believe my eyes as I've watched him grow the last 6 months. He has grown out of two complete wardrobes and every pair of shoes and socks he's had. It is amazing how fast he is growing. He loves to build things and anything "manly". He loves his time hunting with Jordan and really looks forward to summer when he can start fishing again with my dad and I. He is very very good at riding his quad and motorcycle too. He is very proficient at running most of the equipment around the house and is so so helpful at helping us with chores. The knowledge he has of things is incredible for his age. Although sometimes I have to check his knowledge with Google because he is notorious for telling Tall Tales. Quade is a lot like me in the social department. He enjoys playing with a few choice friends, but not too often. He mostly prefers to camp with his cousins and hangout with family. Something I appreciate, but Jordan has a hard time with sometimes. He has a very kind heart, especially if someone is hurt or sick. He will go above and beyond to make them happy or to do something special for them. He is so fortunate to have the amazing male role models he does in his life. I can't wait to see what he will do in life. 

  Happy Birthday QUADE!!!! We love you.


A year of Quade:

Opening gifts on his Birthday in the shop

Birthday door

More Birthday decoration

Late night root beer with the concrete guys

Birthday camping trip























 

No comments:

Post a Comment