Monday, August 23, 2010

36 week appointment . . .

  We just had our 36 week appointment this morning. Last time we were in and out before our appointment was even suppose to start. NOT THIS TIME! I had been cramping (I learned today they're not called cramps anymore, they're called contractions now) a lot and having some other symptoms as well so they hooked me up to a Non-stress test to check the baby's heart rate, movements, and my contractions. And then they sent us for an ultrasound. Everything checked out great. She weighs 6 lbs. 2 oz. and should probably weigh about 8 lbs. when she's born. The doctor said that my body is just getting ready for the birthing process and everything was fine. He just wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong. Which Jordan and I really appreciated. He said it could be anytime! And he'll see us again in a week. It's so weird to think that it really could be anytime.
  So we are still prepared and ready to go. Tomorrow I'm going into town to get the last of the things that I will need and then I'll be able to pack our hospital bag. Jordan is getting pretty excited. I can't wait to see him with her in his arms. Our next appointment is on the 1st so more to come then.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment