Friday, October 11, 2013

Sick Days at the Petersen Compound...

  It seems as if both kids have been sick in some way for the last month. Austyn started it off with a weird outer ear infection. Then Quade had this weird fussy spell. We all got a small little cold. And last but certainly not least, we ALL (with the exception of Jordan of course) got a good does of Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease! All the reading I did on it said that usually adults have already come into contact with it so they usually don't get it. So of course I thought I was in the clear. WRONG!!!!! I have to feel even more sorry for the kids now, because I know how miserable it is. So far I've had the worst sore throat imaginable. And my palms are so sensitive and sore it's unbearable. And to top it off my hands are so itchy. I can't itch them because it hurts too bad. I can barely do anything with my hands. Literally driving or making a bottle or anything that touches my hands. It sucks. I can't sleep at all (even after two benadryls) so I'm up at 1:30am writing this blog. I'm deciding weather or not to go into the ER or try and tough it out. I'm thinking it's only going to get worse for the next couple of days and it would be a really convenient time to go in the middle of the night when the kids are sleeping and they don't have to come with me. I just don't want to get there and pay for an ER visit and essentially have them laugh at me and tell me there's nothing they can do for me. And having the husband I do an ER visit means you must be literally dying. I know he would frown upon me even thinking of going. We'll will see what the next couple hours bring.
  Kids are doing fine, besides the sick spell we are under. Austyn is still really enjoying Preschool. She got her first fat lip. She was walking with her hands in her pockets and looking at me coming across the parking lot at school and tripped and landed right on her mouth and chin. It was awful, blood everywhere and an instant fat, black lip. Poor girl had rocks in her mouth and everything. But she powered right through it. And she's rocking her fat lip now. I wonder how many people will think I beat her? Quade has started to roll all over now. He has also started to attempt to pull up on his bumpers in his crib and think about crawling. But it's still a ways off still. So exciting to see him start moving around a bit. Still no teeth at 8 months. So it should be really fun when they all hit at once :)
  Jordan is hot and heavy into Lone Pine these days. He works every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday over there from about 10 am to 11:30 pm. Then he has to go back to the fire station once or twice during the week. He is exhausted. Poor guy. So we are pretty much living at Lone Pine so we can see him and my parents a little bit. When he is home, he has been organizing and building shelves for the garage. He almost has everything in it's place. It looks so nice. He's so handy, he amazes me.
  We have had Jordan's brother and his family from Utah staying with us for the last month. His brother got a job here and they are staying with us until they can buy a house. It's been so fun watching the kids play together everyday. They have three kids, so it's like a built in play date all the time. It has also been nice having my sister-in-law Jackie around while Jordan has been so busy. It's so nice to talk and hang out with her. And having the extra help around the house is priceless. When I come home from my parents they come out and help me unload all my stuff. Because with kids, no matter where you go and it doesn't matter how long you've been gone, you always have at least two arm fulls of stuff. Not counting the kids. Then they take Quade and feed him while I get Austyn to bed. It's amazing!!
  I have been doing a little bit of crafting. I made Austyn's Halloween costume. And a few fall decorations for the house. My new favorite thing about the house is being able to have a craft space and being able to leave it all out. It's awesome.
  Things I'm looking forward to:
After Elk hunting-this is the time that Jordan will finally have NOTHING planned. We will see if it lasts.
Holidays in the new house
A little vacation to Sun River with our best buddies the Bishops
Slowing down and enjoying our new house
Did I mention slowing down and enjoying our house
One more time, slowing down and enjoying our new house

I hope everyone is happy and most importantly HEALTHY. It's now 2:00 am and it's gotten worse as I've sat here. Might be a visit to the ER in my future. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

  1. Jolene, I really enjoy your blog! Sorry about the latest bug you all have though. Your kids are the cutest! Keep up th e great work.
    Love,
    Auntie Pat Horrocks

    ReplyDelete