Monday, July 28, 2014

My Circle of Life . . .

  I can honestly say that this summer is the best summer of my life, hands down. So I started to think of the reasons it's so much better than the previous summers. And even though the common denominator has never changed, and I hope it never will, I just think I'm at the age where I can truely be 100% grateful and really appreciate how blessed I really am. And I'm talking about FAMILY (and friends)! 
  It has been brought to my attention over the last few years that we have something that is out of the norm for the majority of people (and all these years I thought we were the normal ones). We have a family that is so close (even in proximity) it's mind blowing for people to comprehend. And I'm not just talking about my parents and my brother. I'm talking about my Grandma, and my Aunts and Uncles too. I don't think I've ever met a family like ours. I am now hoping and praying that one day I will have what my parents have. Which is having my kids living next door and that they want to see me every day and be wrapped up in every aspect of their lives. I hope that's what my parents wanted, because that's what they got :) Which also leads me to think how lucky my Grandma is. She sees at least one of her kids everyday. And it's not uncommon for her to see all three of her kids on the same day or even numerous times a day. She also gets to see her grand kids and great grand kids almost daily. She is such a huge part of my life and my kids life it's unbelievable. I am so thankful to her and my Grandpa for having family be so important that they passed that importance down to their kids, who now have instilled it into my brother and I. And I'm doing everything in my power to continue the trend with my kids. 
  When Jordan got hired at Eugene it took me a few years to adjust to his work schedule. And if it weren't for my parents it would be sooo much harder. Every night Jordan is working I go over to my parents and eat dinner and let the kids play. Since it's summer we usually feed their steers, play on their play ground, eat dinner, then go ride quads. And sometimes we play at the river or ride Chocolate Chip. Or do all of that in one evening. So it's not uncommon for us to still be up and playing at 9:30 or 10:00. Which works out beautifully the next morning when the kids get up at 8:00 :) I can't wait for the day my kids understand and appreciate how fortunate they are. It hasn't been until I've had kids that I've really understood everything my parents did for us when we were little. And I can't even begin to tell them how grateful I am for that. Now that I have kids I bow down to them for giving my brother and I such a huge amount of respect for people and things. They also gave us great morals and values, which have carried us through life and gotten us out of many predicaments. I don't know how they did it, but I'm trying to follow exactly in their footsteps on this one. I also think they gave us a lot of responsibilities as young kids and those responsibilities came with consequences. I am very thankful they did that. I hope that I can continue helping my kids out like my parents are still doing for us. Hats off to the best parents a kid could ask for. And I hope they know how amazing they are and how appreciated the are.
  It hasn't been until recently that I've understood the rare connection between a brother and a sister. Some recent events showed me just how much I would do for my brother. Which is literally ANYTHING he needed me to do! And I know that if the tables were turned, I could count on him to be there for me too. I'm forever grateful for my brother. He made me the tom boy I've always been. He took me hunting, riding, wheelin, we made forts, and the list goes on. He never ever left me behind. And all of his friends were like brothers to me growing up, which is something I'm sad Austyn won't have. Thank you brother for letting me tag along all those years. I love you so much!
  While reflecting on my life I've realized that not only did I have the best immediately family ever. I had the best extended family too. All my childhood memories are filled with cousins and Aunts and Uncles. I spent every summer with my Aunt Diane and Uncle Brice. They took me everywhere like I was their daughter. They taught me so much about horses and animals. And all the time and money that goes into those things. And thanks to them I can now pass some of that down to Austyn. And every school break we could count on my Aunt Debi to take all of us somewhere amazing. Not until now do I know how much planning, packing, and expense that requires. But she seemed to love it as much as we did.
  Needless to say I'm blown away at the bond we ALL have together. There has never been any drama or harsh words said to one another (to my knowledge). And everyone is so giving it's amazing. I'm happy to say that everything good I'm my life is because of each and every one of my family member in some way or another. 
  And let's not forget about our friends. We have the best friends in the world. Our lives are so parallel it's creepy. Jordan's childhood best friend is still his best friend today. And I can proudly say his wife is mine. I never have really had many girlfriends but this one is a keeper for sure. I love the way we can all get together (when our busy schedules permit) and act like it hasn't been over a month since the last time we've hung out. And I'm so happy our kids will grow up together. 
  I could go on listing people and specific memories, but I would never be able to stop there are so many. All I can say it thank you to my family and friends for making me who I am today. And with family and friends like mine life can't get any better! 

1 comment:

  1. You truly are blessed. And us as well to have the privelage of your friendship!

    ReplyDelete