Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Days of Quade. . .

  I'm officially losing my mind! Quade is the strongest willed young man I've ever ran across or heard of. I'm so tired of fighting him to do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it's a fight to do anything with this little "Son of a Me". I'm exhausted. We have a stern approach when it comes to our parenting style. We do whippings and our children have consequences. They don't get too many warnings until it's followed with a punishment. We defiantly stay on top of their manners and have a realistic expectation for their ages. And I know this is not how a lot of people parent their kids. I won't be changing my parenting style, but I NEED advice on how to handle,deal, and live with such a stubborn child. He is a perfect dream kid for everyone but me. I can't take it anymore. I'm exhausted and at my wits end. He's broken me down so much it embarrassing. He is TWO and winning. I've tried everything to gain control of him. But he definitely runs the show and knows it. I know that things will get better eventually, but there has to be someway to not dread the Day to Day with this kid. Please help!!

2 comments:

  1. Positive reinforcement? Praising him A LOT when he happens to have good behavior. I don't always follow through with this myself, but I think it helps reduce meltdowns with my own toddler. Does he back down if you ignore his tantrum rather than reacting right away? Sometimes they just need a good distraction and then they'll stop fighting, like if my Cora doesn't want to go in the car, I could say "hey, why don't you get your new Minnie toy and you can hold her in your car seat." Also, giving choices helps them to feel like they're in control, like "do you want to walk to the kitchen or do you want me to carry you?" Each kid is so different, it's hard to know what makes them tick. Good luck, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. We have a blog, too! If you're interested in reading, send me your email address (since I keep it private). But no pressure :)

    ReplyDelete