Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just Horsin' Around ...

 Ok so we've been doing all things horse lately. I'm loving every second of it and Austyn is actually getting more comfortable with it. We started off entering Austyn in the Junction City pet parade. Austyn dressed up as a fairy and rode a Unicorn! It was so much fun putting the costume together. I was so excited I couldn't sleep the night before. She loves the parade thing. She really gets a kick out of waving at everyone. We got second place! Then we just so happened to stumbled across the perfect pony for Austyn. We went and looked at her several times. We were able to take her for a day and go for a little trail ride with the whole family. She did amazing. We brought her home to our house on Monday!! I'm in love with the pony. Her name is Chocolate Chip she is a registered POA. She is 16 years old, so she has many many years left on her. We were able to fix Grandmas horse barn up for her and keep her there. I can't thank my Grandma enough for giving us the opportunity to keep her at our house. We have been going out in our jammies in the mornings to feed her and play with her. I'm on cloud nine. I didn't realize how much I missed the horse thing. I've never seen Austyn so comfortable around a horse like this one. She's going to like this horse thing one way or another Dang it :) 

 Kids are absolutely amazingly perfect. Austyn is almost done with school. Thank God. I hate her going to school. It didn't bother me too much in the winter, but now that it is nice out I can't stand it. We are "sun sick" quite a bit. There is just not enough hours in the day to play outside. Especially when we have to stop for nap times ( sometimes it's hard being the adult and stop playing to go give naps) :( My heart is so happy with her right now. She decided all of a sudden that she wanted to ride her quad all by herself. So just about every night we ride little quads for hours. She is so good. So between her completely into the quads and getting so so so much more comfortable with the horses. I can't hardly stand myself. I know, I know, I'm a weird mom. 
  Quade is developing into quite the independent little man. He is the most determined young man I've been around. He just does his own thing and is completely happy with that. He is still 100% a mans man. He would much rather be with Jordan, my dad, or my brother over me. He is also getting pretty rough with everyone. He loves to rough house and climb on everything. A good way to describe him is a BOY. He loves getting dirty (and he is very good at it) and anything with water or a motor. He loves working in the garage with Jordan. I was in there the other day and he went over, picked up a screw driver and started "working" on his quad. It was just adorable and he was so proud of himself. He is now 15 months old. He is saying so many words. And mimicking everything. He watches Austyn and then goes and does whatever she just did. It's amazing how much faster the second kid learns to do things. He is just an all around good boy. 

 Jordan has been busy with his normal stuff lately. Working on rigs, quads, doing random projects I throw at him (like getting the barn ready for a horse), normal work aound the house (mowing, spraying, etc.), and his usual overtime at work. He tore our camper completely apart and put new supports throughout and re-sealed everything. So we should be good to go for our camping season coming up. He is incredibley smart at stuff like that. We have a camping trip planned every month this summer. I can't wait. I love camping. And the kids will be so much fun. 

 And as for me, I'm still working out and eating better. I'm pretty impressed with myself that I've kept with it this long. I started in January I think, and I've continued and made so much progress since then. I'm excited to see the results I've gotten. I'm going to keep it up and keep hitting my goals. 

 I'm thinking we are going to have one amazing summer ahead of us. The kids are so fun and we live in the best spot with the river and quads and now a horse. If only we didn't have nap time and we had more hours in the day:) I hope everyone is getting amped up for summer like we are. My one goal for this summer is to get some sort of tan on my pasty white legs. I think they are immune to the sun, but we will see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment