Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorable Memorial . . .

  I know I probably say this about every coast trip, but this one was by far the best yet. We left for Coos Bay on Thursday and stayed until Sunday about 4ish. Which is different from how we usually do it. We usually get there Friday and leave early Monday morning. I liked this time better, it gave us the whole day Sunday to play and then Monday to be home and unpack. We camped with the regular gang and had such a blast. All of our families mesh so well and the kids are all the same ages, it's just perfect. The three big kids rode their quads so good. It was the cutes thing ever to watch them ride around and try to follow single file on trail rides. It was more like bumper quads. The first one would stop and the next two would both bump into the one in front. Austyn was the only one that crashed. I wasn't there to see it, but I'm told that she was tough and got right back on. I'm sure it helped that I wasn't there. The weather worked out perfectly. Sunny, sunny, sunny the whole time! We usually aren't that lucky on Memorial Day to get such great weather. We went to the beach everyday and it was gorgeous. And of course Austyn couldn't help herself but to run around in her undies all weekend. She was called "underwear girl". She even rode to the beach in her undies and rubber boots. Only my kids! I'm so glad we are able to give our kids such amazing memories ans experiences to take with them forever. I know they are pretty little (especially Quade) to remember this stuff, but we will keep it up so they will remember. 
  Jordan is pumped that this is the first summer we have ever been "free" to do whatever we want. We have never had an open summer before. We were always doing summer term of college, working summer jobs, going through his academy for his job, planning our wedding, me pregnant with a bum back, engineer development program, and then building our house. So he has like 5 or 6 camping trips planned. It feels good that we don't have anything going on. But I know one of those camping trips will be taken up by hay season. But we don't mind, we both really enjoy hay season. Our next adventure is the second weekend in June, we haven't figured out where we are going yet. And then the next weekend we are going to Fall Creek. We have one camping trip in July for sure, possibly two. But the one that is scheduled is going to be new for me. Horse camping! We are going to Thompson Reservior with Jordan's family and taking all the horses to ride around. I'm excited. I hope Chocolate Chip like it. Then in augurs we have our annual Crab trip with Jordan's work. It's going to be a fun summer. 
  I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend like we did. 
Quade with Cha Chas chew can


Our camp
The three amigos ( Hayden, Austyn, and Ty)
Undies and rubber boots. Can't get much better than that. 
The first of many trail rides. 






No comments:

Post a Comment